Location, Time, Rates & Gift Voucher
The Healthy Living Centre (282-284 St Pauls Rd, N1 2LH)
A few minutes walk from Highbury & Islington Station.
To get to the Healthy Living Centre reception area, you will need to enter via Mother Earth (a vibrant health and ‘good food’ store that sits on the ground floor of the building). There is a Bus Stop (4, 19, 30, 277, 393) right at the door. If you do drive, there is metered parking on Compton Street, which runs off St Pauls Road almost opposite the centre.
Please contact us by email to arrange an appointment (at least a few day in advance please).
Sunday 12:00 ~ 17:00
1.5 Hour Shiatsu: £90
Recommended for the initial Shiatsu treatment with us, especially if you have more than a few symptoms you're concerned about, or suitable for deep relaxation and a sense of the wholeness physically, emotionally and psychologically.
1 Hour Shiatsu: £60
Helps to establish and maintain well-being. If you are suffering from a chronic symptom such as neck / shoulders / back pain or sleeping problems, receiving a session every 2~3 weeks is recommended until the condition starts to shift.
2 Hours Shiatsu & Facial Massage: £120 ← not available
An extensive holistic package, a well-being treatment and a pampering treat that rebalances your body system and restores internal and external radiance. A session starts with 1 hour of Shiatsu, followed by 1 hour of Facial Rejuvenation Massage.
1.5 Hour Back & Facial Massage: £90 ← not available
A session starts with 30 minutes of the whole back body massage (fully clothed) to relieve the tension and tightness caused by postural stress such as desk work or driving for long hours, followed by 1 hour of Facial Rejuvenation Massage.
We recommend you not to eat heavily at least 30 minutes before the session, to wear stretchy material or loose clothes (no jeans / no shorts / no skirt) for stretches and rotations, and also to wear or bring socks (no bare feet) for foot massage.
＊Before Facial Massage:
If you're wearing contact lenses or accessories, we ask you to remove them before a session. Please bring your contact lens case if you need.
We'd appreciate your payment by cash, PayPal or online banking. We're afraid Debit / Credit card can't be accepted.
If you find you need to cancel or postpone an appointment we'd like to suggest you do so by the day before with a telephone call / text message. If you don't receive a reply within 24 hours, we'd appreciate your contacting us again.
Ideal gifts for any occations. Gift vouchers can be purchased at the reception of the Healthy Living Centre or over the telephone on (+44) 020 7704 6900. Monday to Thursday 9am-8pm, Fridays 9am-5pm
The vouchers are valid for six months. Seasonal Offer is not available for the purchase.
Shiatsu Protocol at the Heathy Living Centre
Updated on 20/07/21
~ Before your visit ~
1) You will be asked a few questions about your general health conditions and symptoms prior to a session. Re: no high temperature, no new continuous cough, no loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.* Please reply by email by the day before your session day.
2) Please wear loose-fitting comfortable clothing (no jeans, shorts or skirt), ideally with long sleeves to minimise direct skin contact. Also, if you’d like the feet to be worked on please wear or bring socks.
*The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
– a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
– a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
– a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
~ When you arrive ~
1) I’d like to advise you to arrive on time, not early, as the shop (Mother Earth) cannot be a waiting area. I will let you in through HLC door (not shop).
2) I will ask you to use alcohol hand rub and to wear a mask which I will provide at the door. (If you’d like to use yours, that’s fine, too.)
3) The surface of the couch bed will be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol before and after a session.
4) I’d recommend you to visit the lavatory at home before you depart.
~ During a session ~
1) I will wash my hands just before a treatment and will wear a visor and a mask.
2) For Shiatsu, please wear a mask when you're laying on the back.
3) The windows and curtains in the treatment room will be open to allow the free flow of air.